Join an IPA Committee
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, June 2022
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Samantha Keen, President
- Committee for Advertising Practice Enforcement Notice on debt management advertisements
- New Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation enforcement powers
- Use of reliance to carry out AML due diligence
- HMRC update
- Highlights from Northern Ireland and Wales…
- …next up, Manchester!
- The Ethics of Giving Advice | Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- IPA Awards Party
- Exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- Reminder: new discount codes added to member benefit brought to you in partnership with Dell
- CPI training with BPP – special offer for IPA members (member login required to view)
- Membership and licence renewals
Ever wanted to get involved with the IPA at a strategic or operational level? Now is your chance!
We’re looking for people to join any of our six Committees: Regulation & Conduct; Disciplinary & Appeals; Anti-Money Laundering; Standards, Ethics & Regulatory Liaison; Finance & Risk; and External Affairs & Member Services. We are also on the lookout for IPA Student members who wish to join the Early Career Professionals Sub-Committee of External Affairs and Member Services.
Joining a Committee is a fantastic way to complement your career, benefit from the prestige of Committee membership, gain deeper insight into insolvency, make new contacts and share ideas. You also have the opportunity to make a mark on the profession by influencing IPA policy and strategy.
We welcome prospective Committee members who are at a variety of stages in their insolvency career. We also welcome lay members from outside insolvency to our Regulation & Conduct, Disciplinary & Appeals, and Anti-Money Laundering Committees.
You don’t necessarily need to have extensive experience, and you don’t have to be from a particular type of firm. Our Committees depend on a wide range of backgrounds. If you are interested, get in touch with us to find the right opportunity for you. Please email Lyn Green, Head of Operations on [email protected].
You can find out more about our Committees and what they do here.