Kevin Hellard, President
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, March 2022
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Insolvency Service Future of Insolvency Regulation Consultation: IPA Response
- IPA Volume Provider Regulation Scheme 2021 Benchmark Report
- Russian sanctions
- Anti-Money Laundering: Suspicious Activity Reports update
- A call for successor IPs
- Upcoming events: Annual Conference selling fast; plus, get the competing requirements of insolvency and employment law right!
- Exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- IPA Board Elections
- Case law update
Hi everyone. We have recently submitted our response to the Insolvency Service consultation, and I would like to thank all of you who have assisted us in our work through completing our member survey and attending one of the various consultation meetings. Your input has been a key factor in helping to form our final response – my thanks also to all those in the IPA Secretariat who have been working hard to ensure that the views of the IPA and our members are represented. We look forward to seeing the outcome.
The countdown is on to 2022’s Annual Conference at London’s Royal College of Physicians, and places are selling quickly. As you may know, this will be my final event as IPA President, and I hope you will be able to come and join us and our exciting range of speakers. The programme includes Insolvency Service CEO Dean Beale; Richard Burge, CEO of London Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Enyo Law Partner Jamie Leader (Chair of the Law Society’s Company Law Committee) and a key session on Diversity and Inclusion delivered by Vincent Egunlae of Grant Thornton and co-founder of the Open Private School, an equal opportunities charity. Joining Vincent in delivering this session is Samuel Ajakaiye, part of the Open Private School’s inaugural cohort and a non-executive director with the international affairs think-tank Chatham House. Read more here.