SM1: Application for Student Membership for those who:
Wish to study for the IPA’s Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency Examination (CPI) or the Recognised Professional Bodies’ Joint Insolvency Examination (JIE). Before completing the application form you should have read the relevant IPA Articles, Rules, Regulations and Guidance, together with the Notes from this application.
Your Experience and Qualifications
While there are no experience or qualification requirements for a Student Member, it will nevertheless be helpful to us to know something about your background so that we can build up a picture, or series of pictures, of those interested in studying for the CPI and JIE; and to consider how student support and network opportunities might be developed.
- You should indicate here which examination you envisage sitting:
- The CPI is held twice a year in June and December, CPPI is held in June, (subject to numbers in December), the CPCI is held once a year in June.
- The JIE is held once a year in November
- Following your admission to membership, we will send you as soon as it is available an entry form for the examination you have indicated, in good time for completion before the closing date for entry. The exact closing date will be shown on the form and will be notified on the IPA website.
Your application should be supported by a sponsor who may be an insolvency practitioner (whether or not a member of or authorised by the IPA); your employer; or some other person of standing able to vouch for your good character and suitability to become a Student Member of the IPA.
The sponsors should provide a letter addressed to the President of the IPA (not “to whom it may concern”) setting out:
- his/her full name, address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail;
- his/her job title/position and any qualifications, honours, decorations
- the capacity in which he/she has known you, and for how long
- his/her view of your character and suitability to be a Student Member of the IPA.
Student Membership Fee 2020
Should your Membership not be accepted by the Association then we will refund the fee in full.
Examination Fees will be shown on the examination entry form.
Should you need an indication of when the examination entry form will be available, the examination venues and the likely examination fee, please contact us at: Tel: 020 7397 6400
|IPA student Membership||£155|
|R3 membership (optional)||£85|