A reminder on the Statements of Insolvency Practice consultation
Other articles (Insolvency Practitioner, May 2020):
- Michelle Thorp, CEO
- Carrie James, Immediate Past President
- Interested in a secondment at the IPA?
- An overview of the 5th Money Laundering Directive
- A reminder on Insolvency Practitioner exclusion from Financial Conduct Authority regulation
- Five minutes with… Anna Dickinson, Senior Regulation Officer at the IPA
- Staff changes at the IPA
On 27 April we contacted you to notify you that the Joint Insolvency Committee (JIC) is consulting on changes to Statement of Insolvency Practice (SIP) 3.1, 3.2, 7 and 9.
The JIC recognises that these are testing times. But these are only proposed changes. There is no intention to amend the SIPs without careful consideration of the responses received, and any plan to introduce changes will take into account any continuing challenges faced by the insolvency profession. The consultation closes on 20 July 2020.
Below are links to the consultation documents, including the changes to the SIPs. Please note that there is no link to SIP 9 Northern Ireland showing the tracked changes to the SIP. This is because the changes to this SIP are extensive.
The forms to submit your consultation response can be completed electronically and returned by email. If you would prefer to provide your comments in a different way, please send them to [email protected].