IPA joins the Money Advice Liaison Group as a National Member
Other articles (Insolvency Practitioner, June 2021):
- Michelle Thorp, CEO
- Kevin Hellard, President
- Personal insolvency: New Debt Relief Order rules
- Payment for the introduction of an insolvency appointment is prohibited – a reminder
- Business support measures extended
- Anti-Money Laundering high-risk indicators
- Updates to Suspicious Activity Reports glossary codes
- Anti-Money Laundering case studies
- National Crime Agency releases National Strategic Assessment of Serious and Organised Crime
- New members sought: Anti-Money Laundering sub-Committee of the Standards, Ethics and Regulatory Liaison Committee
- HMRC updates
- Evaluators and Pre-Packs: What’s new?
- Case law update
- It’s not just the IPA who is 60 this year!
- Meet a Committee member: Clare Lindley, member of the Standards, Ethics and Regulatory Liaison Committee
Formed in 1987, the Money Advice Liaison Group (known as MALG) is a not-for-profit UK membership organisation whose purpose is to galvanise organisations to work together to improve the lives of people with problem debt.
MALG’s key aims and objectives are:
- Bringing together all the ‘strands’ of the money advice/personal debt journey (from financial education providers, academics and regulators, to creditors, debt collectors/purchasers and debt advisers) across the UK, to share best practice, insight and understanding in an open, non-judgemental forum
- Providing dedicated thought leadership, stewardship, and support for members to increase professionalism and accelerate change
- Listening and being receptive to ideas and challenges, and challenging members to think ‘outside the box’
As a National Member of MALG, the IPA will have a voice in the National Forum and will be represented at four of the key regional groups by Helen Clarke, our Business Development Lead.
Helen is delighted to represent the IPA and our members at MALG and will share the work that the IPA is doing to raise professional standards through training, benchmarking, networking, best practice sharing and other engagement opportunities.
Read more about MALG here.