Clearway: Protecting people, property and assets
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, August 2023
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Paul Davis, President
- Director Loan Accounts written-off as part of corporate insolvencies
- Financial sanctions guidance
- Supreme Court ruling means many Litigation Funding Agreements are unenforceable
- The importance of consumer protection in insolvency: Understanding Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
- Safeguarding your insolvency practice against cyberattack and ransomware threats: Lessons from the Wannacry attack
- HMRC updates
- Just a week to go to the Scotland Roadshow! (CPD: 4h)
- Spotlight on Anti-Money Laundering and Fraud (CPD: 5h)
- IPA Learning | Pension Claims in Insolvency – Are You Getting it Right? (CPD: 2h)
- New speakers announced for the 15th Personal Insolvency Conference (CPD: 6h)
- Do you know someone in the profession who deserves recognition this year?
- Discounted meeting facilities from Office Space in Town (member login required to view)
- Save money on your airport parking with APH! (Member login required to view)
- Need new IT products? Claim exclusive IPA membership offers from Dell
- CPI training with BPP – special offer for IPA members (member login required to view)
- Make savings on essential CPD with exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- An opportunity for Registered Property Receivers!
- Committee Chair vacancy
- Case law update
- IPA exclusive industry update from Insolvency Insider
Our thanks to Clearway for this case study on site security.
We Are Mapp (Mapp) are the appointed managing agents for a 300,000 sq ft business industrial park in the North West of England. The site operates a 24/7 gate security operation through an incumbent security contractor.
Clearway have been successfully working with Mapp for over 15 years as their preferred Enforcement Agency.
The industrial park will be subject to development works, with TMT Group, a specialist construction company, working with Savills Chartered Surveyors on behalf of the landlord who are appointed for the architectural design and project management for the development works forecasted to run for 12 months+.
The client contacted us to report that travellers had accessed the estate and requested the assistance of Clearway eviction services.
We deployed two Enforcement Agents to the park within two hours. The Enforcement Agents served notice on the travellers and successfully evicted the subjects peacefully the same day.
There was no reported damage and the client was provided with a full report and supporting photographs.
One week later the client re-contacted us to report that travellers had returned and there was a greater number of persons unlawfully on-site and verbal aggression. Clearway were in attendance the same day and engaged with the travellers, serving notice and commencing with the eviction process.
The Clearway Enforcement Agents also deployed through its own affiliated partner scheme, two K9 Units to help support the presence on-site during the eviction process. Engagement with client was maintained throughout by the Recovery Team, coordinating and managing the eviction from the Clearway office, providing regular updates and photographs.
The eviction was successfully resolved with the subjects leaving the estate in the early evening. We maintained the presence of the K9 Units for 24 hours, conducting patrols across the estate throughout, reporting no further instances of threats of trespass.
The agent, Mapp, requested a group call with Clearway, Savills and TMT Group at the request of the landlord, to discuss the site’s exposure and potential risk points. The two evictions had raised concern by the landlord of the security measures in place.
We proposed a risk assessment review of the site perimeter access points undertaken by Clearway at no cost. The completed risk assessment report would set out our findings and recommendations with a mobilisation and swap over programme for the placement of orders and ongoing management.
Clearway were appointed at the request of the landlord to take-over the complete management of security control of the industrial park.
Upon instruction, we implemented the following measures:
• 4x CCTV Towers with 24/7/365 Monitoring through our Control Room
• 40x Concrete Bollards
• Telescopic Barriers
• 24/7 Man Guarding (Gatehouse & Patrols)
Since the commencement of the provision of these immediate services, there has been no trespass issues across the 300,000 sq ft industrial park.
“We appointed clearway to undertake the security requirements on a rolling appointment.”
“Clearway are instructed to coordinate the 24/7 security on-site. The instruction also incorporates CCTV towers with monitoring and security bollards.”
“We are extremely happy with how Clearway took on the appointment from the incumbent contractor and they have provided a consistent service throughout.”Kal Aziz, Regional Director, We Are Mapp
Please note that guest content does not necessarily represent the views of the IPA.