Just a week to go to the Scotland Roadshow! (CPD: 4h)
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, August 2023
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Paul Davis, President
- Director Loan Accounts written-off as part of corporate insolvencies
- Financial sanctions guidance
- Supreme Court ruling means many Litigation Funding Agreements are unenforceable
- The importance of consumer protection in insolvency: Understanding Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act
- Safeguarding your insolvency practice against cyberattack and ransomware threats: Lessons from the Wannacry attack
- HMRC updates
- Spotlight on Anti-Money Laundering and Fraud (CPD: 5h)
- IPA Learning | Pension Claims in Insolvency – Are You Getting it Right? (CPD: 2h)
- New speakers announced for the 15th Personal Insolvency Conference (CPD: 6h)
- Do you know someone in the profession who deserves recognition this year?
- Discounted meeting facilities from Office Space in Town (member login required to view)
- Save money on your airport parking with APH! (Member login required to view)
- Need new IT products? Claim exclusive IPA membership offers from Dell
- CPI training with BPP – special offer for IPA members (member login required to view)
- Make savings on essential CPD with exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- An opportunity for Registered Property Receivers!
- Committee Chair vacancy
- Case law update
- Clearway: Protecting people, property and assets
- IPA exclusive industry update from Insolvency Insider
We’re in Glasgow in a week’s time to bring Scottish insolvency, restructuring and legal professionals the latest on national, regional and devolved matters affecting insolvency practice.
4 hours of CPD learning is available and the event offers an important refresher to help you eliminate risk in your day-to-day practice. The Roadshow is open to Members and non-Members of the IPA.
By the end of the event, delegates will have learned about the economic prospects in Scotland, be aware of new and upcoming trends in the world of personal insolvency in Scotland, and our legal and regulatory sessions will ensure knowledge in these areas is fully up to date.
There will also be the opportunity to make new connections and network with peers and important stakeholders in the sector at the drinks reception after the event.
Remaining 2023 Roadshows
For discounted group bookings (3+ delegates), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 19 October | Northern Ireland (3 CPD hours) – Book now!
- 9 November | London (4 CPD hours) – Book now!
With thanks to our sponsors: