Important reminder: Extraordinary General Meeting
Other articles (Insolvency Practitioner, February 2021):
- Michelle Thorp, CEO
- Kevin Hellard, President
- IPA Annual Conference
- New Joint Insolvency Committee role for the IPA
- ICO Data Sharing Code
- A reminder for members who deal with IVAs
- Changes to IPA membership criteria
- Business continuity and support
- Debt Relief Orders consultation
- Proposed FCA guidance for Insolvency Practitioners: How to approach FCA-regulated firms
- Insolvency Service guidance on monitoring Insolvency Practitioners: advertisements, marketing and debt advice
- Vacancy for a Disciplinary Chair of the Disciplinary and Appeals Committee
- Vacancy for a Head of External Affairs and Business Development
- Update: HMRC Enforcement and Insolvency Services phone lines
- IPA rules review
We have convened an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) to seek member approval of amendments to the IPA’s Articles of Association to extend for a year the President’s and the other Office Holders’ (Vice-President, Deputy Vice-President and Immediate Past-President) terms of office. This means they will be in office until the Annual General Meeting (AGM) in 2022 rather than standing down or changing role at April 2021’s AGM. This change is requested so that the President and Office Holders have a reasonable opportunity to fulfil their roles more fully than they have been able to while we have all been operating under pandemic restrictions.
The EGM is required so that these changes can be put in place before the AGM in April, or for other arrangements to be made should the proposals not be accepted.
Please click here to view the notice of EGM and the accompanying documents, and to register to attend the meeting. Please note the upcoming deadline of midday on 19 February for returning any proxy forms.