Samantha Keen, President
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, March 2023
- Paul Smith, CEO
- NCA Amber Alert: High Net Worth Individuals and Tax Evasion (member login required to view)
- FCA warnings: Impersonation, unauthorised firms and unsolicited emails
- Reminder: High-risk countries for money laundering purposes: Enhanced Due Diligence
- 2023 Annual Conference programme announced – places selling fast! (CPD: 6h)
- Latest Developments in Personal Insolvency: New SIP 3.1 and What this Means for You (CPD: 1.5h)
- 2023 Roadshow Series schedule released – reserve your place now! (CPD: 3h/4h)
- Bookings are open for the 15th Personal Insolvency Conference (CPD: 6h)
- IPA examinations update
- Discounted meeting facilities from Office Space in Town (member login required to view)
- Save money on your airport parking with APH! (Member login required to view)
- Need new IT products? Claim exclusive IPA membership offers from Dell
- CPI training with BPP – special offer for IPA members (member login required to view)
- Make savings on essential CPD with exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- International Women’s Day celebrations
- IPA exclusive industry update from Insolvency Insider
Hello everyone. The month of March brings us a celebration of women around the world through International Women’s Day and this year saw the IPA launch a social media campaign celebrating leading women in insolvency, which I was immensely proud to be part of. Women make an invaluable contribution to the profession, and it is essential for the sector to continue working towards greater equality and inclusivity to ensure that all those with diverse characteristics in any form have equal opportunities to succeed. Read about our reflections on IWD and what it means to us here.
Elsewhere, we have noticed an increase in fraudulent websites posing as debt advice providers in Google search results, some appearing as ads, as well as website cloning. As insolvency practitioners, we must be extra cautious and I would urge you to regularly check that your online identity is not being misused. Read more on how to do this here.
On a more positive note, I am delighted to announce that Sarah Breeden, Executive Director of Financial Stability Strategy and Risk at the Bank of England, will be delivering the keynote speech on financial stability risk in the corporate sector at the upcoming IPA Annual Conference in London on Thursday 27 April 2023. This is of vital importance for the profession and currently very topical, and I look forward to hearing Sarah’s insights.
We have a thought-provoking programme at the event and a varied line-up of speakers discussing the latest developments in the insolvency landscape and how to tackle the challenges facing the profession. Do join us to hear from: the Insolvency Service; HMRC; The Department for Business and Trade; Ipsos MORI; socio-economic diversity body Progress Together; the IPA Regulation team and many more.
Similarly, our 2023 Roadshow Series events are now available to book online. This year, we will be visiting all four UK nations and putting a local focus on key insolvency issues including the economy, legal updates and IPA regulatory briefings. The subject matter of each event also varies by location and we have an entire Roadshow in Birmingham dedicated to the very important subject of Fraud and AML.
I look forward to seeing many of you at the IPA AGM and Annual Conference, and for those who celebrate it, enjoy the Easter break!