New government Debt Management Vulnerability Toolkit
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, September 2021
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Kevin Hellard, President
- Insolvency news and alerts
- Training from the IPA and our partners
- IPA events update: Roadshows, Personal Insolvency Conference and a special celebration…
- Covid safety at IPA events
- Registration for the Joint Insolvency Examination
- Money Advice Service rebrand
- Case law update
- HMRC updates
The Government has launched the Debt Management Vulnerability Toolkit following work with a panel of debt charities, mental health charities and the Insolvency Service.
This guidance is recommended to anyone working in personal insolvency situations such as individual debt advice, IVAs, and bankruptcies – particularly with impact on third parties such as joint property owners.
Read more and access this resource here.
We also remind members of the IPA’s own Aide Memoire on dealing with vulnerable individuals and the subsequent Vulnerable Insolvency Practitioner Policy. Our vulnerability point of contact, Alan Limb, can be reached at [email protected] in the first instance.