A day of celebrations for the IPA
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, November 2021
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Kevin Hellard, President
- Insolvency news and alerts
- Anti-Money Laundering training reminder
- Find out about our exciting Personal Insolvency Conference programme and group discounts
- Covid safety at IPA events
- IPA Learning | Intangible Asset Recovery
- Licence renewals – deadline imminent
- Reminder: New member benefit brought to you in partnership with Dell
- SARs in Action
- Improvements to the Suspicious Activity Reports online portal
- Case law update
- HMRC updates
With both the final IPA Roadshow and the 60th Anniversary Reception, we had quite the day and night in London last week.
Thank you to all attendees and to London Roadshow sponsors, Manolete Partners and Marsh, and venue sponsors, Knight Frank.
After the Roadshow, we made the short hop from Knight Frank’s Baker Street HQ to the IET, Savoy Place, to celebrate the IPA’s 60 years in wonderful company and with addresses from Paul Smith, IPA CEO; Kevin Hellard, IPA President; and former Chief Bankruptcy Registrar, Stephen Baister, who gave an entertaining speech on the development of the insolvency profession.
Congratulations to Carrie James, Immediate Past President, on the awarding that evening of the certificate of her 2019/2020 Presidency. This was deferred to the 60th Anniversary Reception in light of earlier Covid restrictions.
Tiles clockwise from top left:
- London Roadshow panellists (L-R): Andrew Goodacre, CEO of the British Independent Retailers Association; Charlie Barke, Partner, Capital Markets, Knight Frank; Emma Barnstable, Retail Research Analyst, Knight Frank; and Jemma McAndrew, Partner, Cushman and Wakefield
- Kevin Hellard, IPA President and Partner and Practice Leader, Insolvency and Asset Recovery, Grant Thornton; Jamie Leader, Partner, Enyo Law LLP, and Law Society Company Law Committee member; and Charlie Barke, Partner, Capital Markets, Knight Frank
- IPA Board and CEO: Simon Underwood of Menzies LLP; Yin Lee of Quantuma; Kevin Hellard of Grant Thornton UK LLP; Carrie James of SKSi; Kenneth Marland of Harrisons Business Rescue; Paul Davis of Buchler Phillips; Paul Smith (CEO); Neil Bennett of Leonard Curtis Business Solutions Group; and John Newgas.
- Stephen Baister, former Chief Bankruptcy Registrar
Image below tiles: Carrie James, IPA Immediate Past President and Managing Director at SKSi, accepting her certificate from Kevin Hellard