IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, November 2021
- Paul Smith, CEO
- Kevin Hellard, President
- Insolvency news and alerts
- Anti-Money Laundering training reminder
- Find out about our exciting Personal Insolvency Conference programme and group discounts
- Covid safety at IPA events
- IPA Learning | Intangible Asset Recovery
- A day of celebrations for the IPA
- Licence renewals – deadline imminent
- Reminder: New member benefit brought to you in partnership with Dell
- SARs in Action
- Improvements to the Suspicious Activity Reports online portal
- Case law update
We draw your attention to the following updates from HMRC.
HMRC VAT426 Team
As you may be aware, the HMRC VAT426 team has faced significant issues with movement of the work and redeployment of staff to man Covid helplines.
The team have now gone beyond reducing their backlogs to within Service Level Agreements and are now working current cases.
There remain a few hundred cases that are more complex and require further intervention. IPs will be contacted by the team to resolve these cases, rather than have them rejected.
IPs should now be seeing payments coming out. HMRC would like to thank you for your patience over the past several months.