Samantha Keen, President
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, May 2022
- Paul Smith, CEO
- HM Treasury approval of Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies AML Guidance
- Russian sanctions reminder
- AML training
- HMRC update
- A reminder to Insolvency Practitioners about their responsibilities under Statement of Insolvency Practice 9
- The return to an in-person Annual Conference…
- …and the Scotland Roadshow returns live too!
- 2022 Roadshow Series – Northern Ireland and Cardiff this June
- The IPA Summer Party
- IPA Learning – The Importance of the Ethical Code: are you sure you’ve considered all the points?
- Exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- Join an IPA Committee
- Reminder: new discount codes added to member benefit brought to you in partnership with Dell
- CPI training with BPP – special offer for IPA members (member login required to view)
Hello to all. I am delighted to write my first message for the IPA newsletter as President! As I said when I took over office from Kevin Hellard at April’s Annual Conference, thank you very much to Kevin for his hard work for the IPA as President during Covid, a post which he held for an almost unprecedented two years.
As I mentioned at the Annual Conference, I look forward to the year ahead and leading the IPA with confidence and optimism during these changing times for both the IPA and the profession. I was pleased by the engagement from members throughout the course of the day and a particular thank you to our speakers, sponsors and exhibitors for their support, and of course our IPA events team who work tirelessly behind the scenes.
We also enjoyed a great afternoon in the company of a brilliant group of speakers at the recent Scotland Roadshow, and my IPA colleagues and I enjoyed seeing our Scottish members in-person for the first time since 2019. I hope that all delegates enjoyed the afternoon. You can read a roundup here.
There is not long to go until our virtual Northern Ireland event on 9 June, and then we’re in Cardiff on 16th June, before resuming the series in Manchester in September. Do view the full calendar here. We are currently considering how to ensure both appropriate representation of our regional and country members on Committees to emphasise the importance of our entire footprint. If you are interested in volunteering for a Committee, please contact Lyn Green, Head of Operations, on email@example.com and see here for further details.
We are also looking forward to welcoming people from across the profession and related fields to our inaugural Summer Party at the Buffini Chao Deck, beside the Thames in central London. With the increasing level of activity in the insolvency world, now is the time to reconnect with old faces and meet new contacts, and we very much hope you will be able to join us.
Finally, I am pleased to say that we have launched a new benefit for members, offering CPI exam candidates 15% off training towards their qualification with BPP. It is critical that we continue to encourage young professionals into insolvency, and this is a great way to support them in their learning.
I look forward to seeing many of you at various events around the country soon.