Paul Smith, CEO
IPA Insolvency Practitioner newsletter, May 2022
- Samantha Keen, President
- HM Treasury approval of Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies AML Guidance
- Russian sanctions reminder
- AML training
- HMRC update
- A reminder to Insolvency Practitioners about their responsibilities under Statement of Insolvency Practice 9
- The return to an in-person Annual Conference…
- …and the Scotland Roadshow returns live too!
- 2022 Roadshow Series – Northern Ireland and Cardiff this June
- The IPA Summer Party
- IPA Learning – The Importance of the Ethical Code: are you sure you’ve considered all the points?
- Exclusive discounts on training from the IPA and our partners
- Join an IPA Committee
- Reminder: new discount codes added to member benefit brought to you in partnership with Dell
- CPI training with BPP – special offer for IPA members (member login required to view)
After a successful Annual Conference and AGM held on 28th April in London, I enjoyed meeting Scottish IPA members at the recent Roadshow in Glasgow, as well as hearing insightful updates from the Accountant in Bankruptcy, TLT LLP, Police Scotland, EY and others. Thank you to all our speakers and delegates for making it a great return to in-person Scottish IPA events.
Updates to note this month include a reminder, following last week’s communication, on Statement of Insolvency Practice 9 responsibilities; HM Treasury approval of the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies (CCAB) AML Guidance; news from HMRC; AML training and a reminder on Russian sanctions.
I also hope you will join us and many others from the profession for the IPA Summer Party on the evening of 22nd June. We’re gearing up for a fabulous evening at the Buffini Chao Deck on the roof of the National Theatre, on the South Bank of the Thames in central London. With broadly held expectations of increasing levels of demand for insolvency services through 2022, we would be delighted if you could join us and enjoy food from our barbecue chefs, an unlimited drinks package and a dessert bar, and take the opportunity to reconnect with colleagues or make new contacts.